10am – 5pm (last entry 4.30pm)
Please note the Painted Hall will be closing early on the following dates: :
• Saturday 2 October closing early at 3.30pm (last entry 3pm)
• Saturday 3rd October closing early at 1pm due to the London Marathon taking place (last entry 12.30 pm)
• Thursday 21 October closing early at 3pm (last entry 2.30pm)
• Sunday 24 October closing early at 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
• Friday 5 November closing early at 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
• Friday 26 November closing early at 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
• Saturday 4 December closing early at 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
• Saturday 11 December closing early at 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
• Friday 17 December closing early at 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
Please note the Chapel will be closed on the following dates and times:
• Saturday 16 October (2:30pm-4:30pm)
Please note the Painted Hall will be fully closed from Monday 15th of November to and including Friday 19th of November.
Closed 24th to 26th December 2021
Have the opportunity of a lifetime in the Old Royal Naval College’s Painted Hall that is famously dubbed ‘the Sistine Chapel of Britain’. Known for its mesmerising painted ceilings with one of the most iconic representations of Baroque styles in Europe, it is an absolute must-visit for Londoners and tourists alike.
his sensational tour shows paintings that represent the accessions to the throne of William III, Mary II and George I as well as the United Kingdom’s historic successes during the 18th century. With over 200 figures represented, there is much to see and discover as you explore one of country’s most breath-taking buildings.
With audio commentary throughout, you’ll get to hear of Sir Christopher Wren’s famous work as well as having the opportunity to drop in on talks about the Painted Hall. Explore one of the many fascinating exhibits and get hands on experience with the treasure chests filled with sensational historic objects.
Your ticket also includes entry to the new Sackler Gallery where you can learn how Thornhill created the Painted Hall and come face to face with many of the gods and heroes represented on this world-famous ceiling!
Housed in the iconic building of the Old Royal Naval College, the Painted Hall is an unmissable visit and for a limited time only, the ceilings tour provides you with the best possible views of some of the greatest artwork the capital has to offer. Don’t miss out!