Royal London Walking Tour
Days of Operation: Daily
Meeting time: 10am
Meeting Point: Tourist Island 11a Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0EP located opposite Garrick Theatre.
Nearest Underground Station: Leicester Square Station
Walking tour will end at 12pm. approx.
The palace is only open from 22nd of July to 2nd of October, Thursday to Mondays only.
At the end of the tour you will dropped off at Buckingham place for your entry.
• A free multimedia guide is included in the ticket.
• Wheelchair access is subject to availability and must be pre-booked in advance.
• A airport-style security check will be performed on entry. Prohibited items, such as alcohol, small scissors, pen knives and paints/aerosols, must be checked in on arrival and reclaimed at the end of your visit.
• For safety reasons, pushchairs cannot be taken into the State Rooms. They must be checked in and collected after the tour.
• You cannot take photographs within the State Rooms, only in the palace garden or outdoor areas (FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY).
• Eating and drinking aren't allowed inside the Palace, with the exception of bottled water. Food and other drinks must be stored inside your bags while inside, however, you can eat and drink in outdoor areas (garden and café).
• Bicycles, folding bikes, scooters, roller-skates or skateboards and bags larger than 45cm x 20cm x 30cm cannot be taken into the palace, they must be stored elsewhere, such as Victoria Station.
Royal London Walking Tour
Take a leisurely, regal stroll through the capital, visiting significant sites, hangouts and shops that the Royal Family are known for. Lasting approximately two hours, an expert guide will take you to see various clubs, churches and magnificent palaces that have played important roles in the lives of the royals.
See the impressive St James’s Palace – where The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall lived, and, of course, Buckingham Palace - residence to His Majesty the King. You may even see the changing of the guard and learn more about this iconic and historic tradition.
As you travel through the city, see the King’s favourite off licence and where The Duke of Edinburgh gets his haircut. Pass the famous Fortnum and Mason and learn about the history of cream teas – an important and scrumptious British tradition.
Learn odd and unusual facts about the Royal Family (including where the Queen Mother bought her cigarettes), see the Horseguards and important parts of the Crown Estate. Learn about Royal Warrants on Jermyn Street, a place in London known for its many establishments that supply the Royal Family with various goods and services. This is an excellent way to indulge your royal interests and find out more about the most luxurious spots in the city.
The Royal Walking Tour starts at 10.00AM at the Tourism Island, Charing Cross Road (beside the Portrait Gallery). The tour ends 11.30AM – 12.00PM at Westminster Station by Big Ben.
Upgrade to enter Buckingham Palace at the end of your tour!
Buckingham Palace, the grand and iconic London residence of His Majesty the King is an absolute must-see on any visit to London. A fully working palace, housing not only The King, but serving as the administrative headquarters of the Royal Household and brimming with rich royal history.
You’ll get to see the the 19 State Rooms exquisitely furnished with fine examples of French and English antique furniture and display some of the greatest treasures from the Royal Collection, including works by Rubens, Canaletto and Rembrandt, sculpture by Canova and porcelain by Sèvres. You’ll also venture through the royal ballroom, the throne room and ascend the golden staircase.
Often called the ‘walled oasis in the middle of London’, the gardens of Buckingham Palace are a true sight to behold. Home to 30 different species of bird and over 350 different wild flowers, there is plenty to see and enjoy. Visitors finish their tour with a walk along the south side of the garden, taking in views of the famous lake and the west front of the palace.
Audio tours are included in the admission price and are available in the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese.